Surface Finishes for Stainless Pressure Vessels & Components
Putting our perfectionist ways to use, we can achieve the finest finishes for machine-finished and electropolished stainless steel.
Fine Finishes for Stainless Steel Pressure Vessels & Components
HOLLOWAY AMERICA’s pressure vessel fabricators approach every detail of a project with compulsive perfectionism. That includes our finishes. We believe the finish is of the utmost importance, so we grind all interior welds smooth and flush. If you choose a polished exterior, we grind all exterior welds smooth and flush as well. And we’ll help you select the appropriate finish for your unique vessel or part, from mill finish to a 75 Ra finish to a 5 Ra finish to finer than a 320 grit finish.
Electropolishing for a 10 Ra Finish or Finer
We can perform electropolishing to achieve the following on finishes for stainless steel vessels:
- Premium ultra-smooth finish
- Passivation and maximum corrosion resistance
- Extremely high gloss to enhance the release of impurities, so it’s easier to clean and sanitize
- Finish polishes available to 10 Ra and lower
Machine Finishing to Achieve a 25 Ra Finish to 35 Ra Finish
We can machine finish your stainless steel vessels to achieve the following:
- 25–35 Ra internal finish
- 35–45 Ra external finish
- Additional polishing services available upon request
- Material Test Reports (MTRs) supplied, standard